- We work with moist clay to avoid the inhalation hazard of clay dust throughout our production area.
- We use breathing protection and vented spray hoods when spraying glazes. Airborn glaze spray is filtered from exhausted air.
- Our glazes are lead-free and non-toxic.
- Glaze residues are settled from wash water and disposed of according to acceptable environmental practices.
- All wet clay and dry, unfired tile rejects are recycled back into the production process. Glaze overspray is collected and reused.
- Heat from our kilns is used for drying wet tiles and heating our facility in the winter.
- We use only recycled styrofoam packing peanuts.
- We recycle all paper, plastic, cardboard, metal and wooden pallets that we use.
Recycling at Furnace Hill
Environmentally Safe Manufacturing Practices
Sustainable practices are a necessity both for our environment and for our own small company's profitability!
Long Product Lifetime
- Ceramic tile is long lasting, and will provide an attractive, hygienic surface for decades to come. Furnace Hill's high quality tile can be a special feature in a room, inspiring preservation rather than replacement, especially when the overall installation is in keeping with the architecture of the building.
Furnace Hill Tile